< 1 min read
The title says it all. If you’re considering social media marketing but haven’t made the jump quite yet for fear, this article is for you.
1. Social media is a waste of time.
- Social media is one of the fastest ways to build brand recognition.
- Many companies were able to get through the recession thanks to social media.
- Fortune 500 companies are hiring “Social Media Officers” to manage their social media. If they’re doing it, shouldn’t we?
2. We don’t have time for social media.
- Make it a habit and part of your daily routine.
- Make it a team sport and encourage employees through incentives (e.g. get us 500 Facebook friends and we’ll order pizza for everyone.)
- Incorporate it as part of your marketing plan.
3. It’s impossible to track and therefore hard to gauge its ROI.
- Many of the social media tools are trackable.
- There are third-party sites such as Radian6 that allow you to track ROI and provide monitoring.
- Create focused and targeted goals.
4. My brand could be damaged.
- The reality is that every person with a computer has the tools available to make their opinion about your brand heard by other people. They’re already talking about you.
- Make sure you’re listening on the social web.
- Respond quickly, directly, and personally.
5. Employees will waste time with social media.
- Your staff are going to get online whether you like it or not through their smart phones and other devices.
- Setup guidelines for your staff on what they can and can’t say about the company online.
- Your employees are the face of your company. Encourage their personalities to shine through online.