2 min read
Partek has teamed up with DriveSavers to be an authorized reseller of DriveSavers services in data recovery. We can now offer data recovery services to Medicine Hat businesses.
Disaster can strike at any minute when it comes to hard drives and your personal or corporate data that is stored on them. Drives can freeze, hardware can fail, files can be accidentally deleted etc etc. Thanks to the data recovery options that Partek can now provide, we are able to recover valuable data in the event of a disaster. Even fire and water damage can’t stop our recovery experts from restoring your data.
If you have a hard drive, USB key, flash memory or Solid State Drive that needs data recovered on it, give us a call and we’ll walk you through what’s involved in our data recovery service.
In the mean time, make sure you’re observing these best practices to avoid data loss:
- Never upgrade any system without a verified backup.
- Use up-to-date hardware and software utilities for data security, such as firewalls and virus protection.
- Scan all incoming data, including packaged software, for viruses.
- Use ventilation, fans and/or air condition to keep servers at the proper operating temperature.
- Connect systems to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) to protect against power surges and strikes.
- Power down and take extreme caution when moving computers.
- Avoid static electrical charges when touching or handling media.
- Train users to report any unusual noises and power down immediately if a drive makes scrapping, tapping, clicking or humming sounds.
Strategies for Keeping A Secure Backup
- Invest in redundant systems.
- Establish a structured backup procedure, using software compatible with the operating system and applications, to make copies of all critical data files.
- Periodically test the backups to verify that data – especially databases and other critical files – are being backed up properly.
- Keep at least one verified copy of critical company data off site.