Join the Partek team.
We’re looking for passionate, hard-working, positive people.
What’s it like to work at Partek
Clean, bright office in beautiful downtown Medicine Hat, overlooking the South Saskatchewan River.
Comprehensive benefits plan.
Flexible work-life balance.
Employee bonus structure.
Regular staff activities and team building events.
Desktop Support Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
The Desktop Support Specialist will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, analysis, and support of computer and network hardware and software to our expanding client base across Western Canada. This position installs and configures computer systems, networking hardware, security and backup appliances, and software applications as part of planned upgrades, maintenance, or projects. This position also provides remote and onsite client support in pursuit of customer focused solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, configuration, and physical implementation hardware and software solutions for a variety of technical environments.
- Communicate electronically and on the phone to plan and coordinate installations based on project timelines and client schedules.
- Assist help desk team during periods of high support workload by providing ending user support to business systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating on the telephone with regards to technical issues and troubleshooting
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- 2 year help desk or business computer support experience.
- Industry Certifications or diploma an asset.
General Job Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Class 5 drivers license
- Occasionally required to work evenings and weekends as schedules demand
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and climb stairs unassisted