What’s it like to work at Partek?
Job Type: Full-time – Permanent Position (37.5 hours per week)
The Intermediate / Senior Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for the configuration, deployment, analysis, and support of computer and network hardware and software to our expanding client base across Western Canada. This position provides Tier 2 and Tier 3 support to our Help Desk team and assists in troubleshooting local area networks, cloud applications, security hardware and software, backup appliances, and software applications as part of planned upgrades, maintenance, or projects. This position also provides remote and onsite client support in pursuit of customer-focused solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design, configuration, and physical implementation of hardware and software solutions for a variety of technical environments.
- Communicate electronically and on the phone to plan and coordinate installations based on project timelines and client schedules.
- Assist the help desk team during periods of high support workload by providing end-user support to business systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating on the telephone with regards to technical issues and troubleshooting
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- Diploma or relevant Technical Support experience / Certifications
General Job Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Class 5 drivers license
- Occasionally required to work evenings and weekends as schedules demand
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and climb stairs unassisted