Join the Partek team.
We’re looking for passionate, hard-working, positive people.
What’s it like to work at Partek
Clean, bright office in beautiful downtown Medicine Hat, overlooking the South Saskatchewan River.
Comprehensive benefits plan.
Flexible work-life balance.
Employee bonus structure.
Regular staff activities and team building events.
Job Type: Full-time
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the configuration and physical deployment of computer and network hardware to our expanding client base across Western Canada. This position installs and configures computer systems, networking, security, and backup appliances, and software applications as part of planned upgrades, maintenance, or projects, as well as provides on-site client support in pursuit of customer-focused solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsible for the design and physical implement of hardware and software solutions for a variety of technical environments.
Provides on-site client support in a variety of environments.
Communicate electronically to plan and coordinate installations based on project timelines and client schedules.
Assist help desk team during periods of high support workload by providing ending user support to business systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
Educational / Experience Requirements:
- 2 year help desk or business computer support experience required.
- Industry Certifications or diploma an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 drivers license
- Occasionally required to work evenings and weekends as schedules demand
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds and climb stairs unassisted