What’s it like to work at Partek?
Are you an aspiring Network Administrator looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills and career? If you are highly experienced with drive and passion to succeed no matter what, and want to work with Medicine Hat’s largest and fastest growing Managed IT Service provider, then we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a Network Administrator to design, implement, and maintain reliable, secure and efficient data communications networks, both on-premise, and in the cloud.
Network Administrator duties and responsibilities
• Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, security and peripheral devices
• Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts, including cloud and SaaS solutions.
• Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade corporate customer’s networks and in house servers
• Install and integrate new server hardware and applications
• Install and integrate new cloud solutions and applications, including Microsoft 365 and Azure
• Support and administer third-party applications
• Ensure network security and connectivity
• Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
• Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
• Troubleshoot server and server application issues
• Provide technical support and guidance for users
• Define network policies and procedures
• Specify system requirements and design solutions
• Research and make recommendations on server system administration
Network Administrator requirements and qualifications
• Previous working experience as a Network Administrator or Technician for (4+) year(s)
• Minimum 2 years education in computer networking, technical support, or computer engineering.
• Any additional relevant certification (Cisco, Network+ or Azure) will be considered an advantage
• Hands on experience in networking, routing, switching, and Microsoft cloud solutions
• In depth knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure, both in the cloud and on-premise.
• Applicable experience with firewalls, multi-factor authentication, Azure Active Directory,VPN implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Analytical thinker and problem solver with an attention to details