Microsoft announced they will be changing their commercial pricing for Microsoft 365, effective March 1, 2022. This is the first substantive pricing update since they launched Office 365 a decade ago. This updated pricing reflects the increased value delivered over the past 10 years.
In being a Microsoft Cloud Partner, Partek is committed to helping our clients seamlessly transition through this pricing shift. There’s a reason why hundreds of businesses across dozens of industries trust Partek with their Microsoft business.
Microsoft Commitment to Continuous Innovation
Since Microsoft launched Office 365 a decade ago, they have grown to over 300 million commercial paid seats working alongside their partners, such as Partek. Along the way, they have continuously re-invested to meet the changing needs of customers. Four years ago they introduced Microsoft 365 to bring together the best of Office, Windows, and Enterprise Mobility and Security (EMS), adding Microsoft Teams as the only integrated solution to meet, chat, call, collaborate, and automate business processes—right in the flow of work.
Since introducing Microsoft 365, 24 apps have been added to the suite: Microsoft Teams, Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate, Stream, Planner, Visio, OneDrive, Yammer, and Whiteboard—and have released over 1,400 new features and capabilities in three key areas:
- Communication and Collaboration: Real-time collaboration, Together Mode, Front Row
- Security and Compliance: DLP for email and documents, sensitivity labels and message encryption; Content Search, MFA
- AI and Assistance: Acronyms; live captions and subtitles; Translator, Designer
New pricing for Microsoft 365 (USD)
- M365 Business Basic: $6 (from $5)
- M365 Business Premium: $22 (from $20)
- Office 365 E1: $10 ($8)
- Office 365 E3: $23 ($20)
- Office 365 E5: $38 ($35)
- Microsoft 365 E3: $36 ($32)