What is the Canada Digital Adoption Program (CDAP)?
Due to the pandemic, there has been a recent shift in the business landscape toward conducting more business online, altering the way Canadians engage in commerce. To meet evolving customer expectations and maintain competitiveness, Canadian businesses must embrace these new digital technologies.
Promoting a digital economy is pivotal for fostering the growth of Canadian companies, generating employment opportunities, and securing the nation’s long-term competitiveness. The CDAP grants are designed to assist SMEs in expediting their digital transformation, playing a crucial role in driving economic recovery.
CDAP is a four-year program with an application deadline set for March 2025.
Boost Your Business Technology Grant
Up to $15,000 to develop a Digital Adoption Plan (DAP).
Up to $100,000 in 0% interest loan from the Business Development Bank of Canada (BDC) to implement your plan.
Up to $7,300 to hire a skilled youth to implement the technologies that can propel your business forward.
Grow Your Business Online Grant
Up to $2,400 to grow your business online and implement an e-commerce website.
What does the CDAP Program cover?
The Boost your Business Technology Grant covers items directly related to your digital adoption plan. For example:
- Acquiring IT equipment for your business.
- Installation of new technologies.
- Updating and/or expanding your existing IT equipment.
- Training staff on your newly onboarded technologies.
- Materials and support services directly related to onboarding the new technology.
- Assess your current use of technology and identify your business needs (Digital Adoption Plan).
The Grow your Business Online Grant covers items directly related to your online sales presence. For example:
- To develop a new e-commerce website or add functionality to your existing site.
- To hire a consultant to help with digital marketing strategies for your e-commerce store.
- To track and manage inventory and sales, market to customers, offer discounts, maintain a loyalty program, or increase cyber security using e-commerce software.
- To pay up to 20% of the total cost of hardware and software.
Am I eligible for the grant?
You can get funding through the Boost your Business Technology Grant if your business*:
- is Canadian-owned
- is a sole proprietor or a business incorporated under the laws of Canada or a province or territory
- is a for-profit
- has 1 to 499 employees
- has had at least $500,000 in annual revenue (but no more than $100M in 1 of the previous 3 tax years)
* Complete eligibility criteria can be found in the program guide.
You can get funding through the Grow your Business Online Grant if your business:
- is a for-profit business
- is registered or incorporated
- is consumer-facing
- has at least one employee other than the owner OR had at least $30,000 in annual revenue in the most recent tax year
- commits to maintaining a digital adoption strategy for six months
- agrees to participate in follow-up surveys, share data about the experience, and have its name published as a grant recipient
What is a Digital Adoption Plan and why is it required?
A digital adoption plan serves as a strategic roadmap for digital transformation and technology integration for a small or medium-sized business. Your business will collaborate with a registered Digital Advisor from the program’s advisory marketplace to develop your personalized plan.
An effective digital adoption plan involves a thorough analysis of the company’s objectives and requirements, an evaluation of technology adoption alternatives, and a detailed roadmap for implementing technology. Crafting a tailored digital adoption plan can benefit a business by: